We will be opening on 1st June for our pre-school children.
Monday – Thursday, mornings only plus lunch – with staggered start and finish times and two completely separate small groups.
Here are the important things which we would like you to do to help us to make pre-school a safe place for everyone:
- Please do not send your child to preschool if you think they may be unwell or if anyone else in the household is unwell.
- Please make sure we can always contact someone whilst your child is at preschool in case we need to ask you to collect your child immediately should they become unwell.
- Sadly we will not be able to allow any toys or comfort objects to be brought from home as these do increase the risk of infection.
- We would also be grateful if your child’s daily equipment could be brought in and taken home daily in a large named carrier bag ideally containing only a change of clothes (in a separate labelled plastic bag) , their lunch box/bag and water bottle (also clearly labelled) and a small snack of fruit, breadsticks, or similar for their mid morning snack also in a small labelled plastic box if possible.
Dropping off and picking up
- We will operate staggered drop off and pick up times. Please keep to your allocated time if at all possible.
- Only one parent or carer to bring or collect a child. (Other children in the family can of course accompany their parent if there is no other option)
- We will not be able to allow any parents into the pre-school rooms at any time so a member of staff will collect the children one at a time from their parent/carer in the upper corridor at drop off and bring the children out, again one at a time, at pick up times.
- Parents (and children) will come into the Palace Gate centre via the main front doors, come up the main staircase and along the upper corridor. Wherever there are other people please observe suitable social distancing of 2 metres between each person/family. There are markings on the floor in the building to help you. Wait in the upper corridor until called forward into the ‘cloakroom corridor’ to drop off or pick up your child.
- Please note the lift is not to be used.
- Parents (and children) will then go back down to the street via the back staircase, again observing social distancing throughout.
- If you bring your child to preschool in a buggy or on their bike or scooter could we please ask you to leave it at the bottom of the main stairs while you drop off and then take it home again. No other groups are currently using the centre whilst preschool is operating so they will be safe. Please do not leave any buggies, bikes or scooters at the centre during session times.
Other things that will also be helpful
- Help your child to understand how to wash their hands effectively.
- Encourage any coughs or sneezes to be into a tissue which is then immediately binned or in an emergency when no tissues are handy, into their elbows (Ninja coughs)
If you are unsure about anything or need more information please get in touch and we’ll try to help if we possibly can.
Thank you so much for working with us to make preschool safe and fun for the children.